A Herbalists guide to the lnt process with kris vaughan
advanced client relationship with leslie korn
master class in neuro-nutrient therapy with julia ross and Laurie hammer
Kris Vaughan, CH
Certified Clinical Herbalist Program Director- Herbal Wisdom Institute
Leslie Korn, PhD, MPH, NTP
Julia Ross, M.A., Author of The Diet Cure, The Mood Cure, and The Craving Cure. CEO of the Neuro-Nutrient Therapy Institute and The Virtual Clinic for Food Cravings and Insomnia.
Pricing: Free Entry
Description: This class will offer a basic foundation of herbal knowledge and how to apply this with the LNT process. Learning herbs by their energetics and actions allows you to assist in achieving balance within the body that facilitates the innate healing process keeping bio-individuality in mind.
- The five herbal flavors and how they correspond with herbal actions
- Exploration of herbal actions to facilitate foundational balance in the body systems
- Choosing and testing herbs using the LNT process (hands-on application)
About Kris Vaughan:
Kris Vaughan is a certified clinical herbalist and owner and Program Director of Herbal Wisdom Institute in Arizona. Kris began her study of herbal medicine in 2008 and now teaches students who seek a certification in western herbalism. Her clinical work and teaching has been focused on the areas of complicated, chronic health issues such as digestion and autoimmune conditions. Kris also works with a prominent herbal product manufacturer as the Director of Practitioner Experience.
Kris Vaughan has presented at the following events:
- SW Herb Fest, Prescott Arizona
- United States Forest Service – Arizona
- Yavapai College, Prescott Arizona
- Herbal Wisdom Podcast
When: Thursday 28th February 2019
Pricing: $150 per person
Please Note: In order to attend Leslie’s workshop attendees must be an NTP or hold another Nutritional Certification as a practicing professional. Students do not qualify.
Description: Understanding the nature and challenges of dual role relationships. Exploring concepts of transference and counter transference as it affects the nutritional therapists and client dynamics. Opportunity to practice via role plays challenging relationship situations that occur with clients.
- Identify the range of interpersonal issues that can hijack the clinician/client relationship
- Understand clinical-client personality dynamics and how to address them
- Develop skills and comfort by setting boundaries with challenging clients
About Dr. Leslie Korn:
Leslie Korn is an internationally renowned expert in mental health nutrition, and integrative medicine and trauma. She began her career in the jungle of Mexico where she directed a natural medicine clinic for over 25 years, treating over 50,000 patients. She completed graduate training at Harvard Medical School where she was a clinical instructor. She is Board Certified in Polarity therapy and Therapeutic Massage, Counseling, and Clinical Supervision. She was an NIH funded scientist and a a Fulbright Scholar. She is the author of 8 books including The Good Mood Kitchen, Nutrition Essentials for Mental Health, Rhythms of Recovery: Trauma, Nature and the Body; Preventing and Treating Diabetes Naturally. Her new book on Herbal Medicine for Women will be out in 2019. She is the director of research at a cwis.org where she works with tribal communities on traditional foods revitalization. She has a career coaching and clinical supervision practice with nutrition and mental health professionals.
Leslie Korn has presented at the following events:
- IMMH: Integrative Medicine for Mental Health Conference
- PESI Nutrition and Integrative medicine for Mental Health
- University of Washington
Pricing: $250 per person
Description: Our international epidemics of obesity, degenerative disease, mood disorder, and addictive cravings for foods, alcohol, and drugs are rooted in just a few amino acid deficiencies. The brain’s appetite- and mood-regulating chemistry is dependent on a robust supply of the particular amino acids that you’ll be introduced to in this workshop.
Our goal is to begin the restoration of the brain’s four key neurotransmitters and its blood sugar supply-line. The protocols we’ll use are based on neuroscientific research that started in the 1970s and continues today. Julia Ross and the nutritionists at her Northern California clinics have been applying this research for 30 years with thousands of clients. They have developed increasingly effective methods that workshop participants will have hands-on exposure to. Working in rotating dyads, participants will actually experience the aminos’ rapid effects themselves and witness the effects of the aminos on other participants.
Attendees who would like to become certified NeuroNutrient Therapy Specialists will receive credit for this workshop toward their certification.
- Quick deficiency symptom and contraindication assessment
- The amino trialing process
- The basics of how to monitor and adjust dosing
- How to antidote any adverse reactions
- The specific dietary supports needed for permanent brain-recovery
- Application to specific cases (ours and those of attendees)
About Julia Ross & Laurie Hammer:
Julia Ross has combined 40 years of experience as a licensed psychotherapist with 30 years of pioneering work in the use of innovative nutritional therapies for the treatment of mood problems, eating disorders, and addictions. The author of the best-selling books, The Mood Cure and The Diet Cure, and her new book, The Craving Cure, Ross has founded several integrative treatment programs in the San Francisco Bay Area and now oversees an entirely virtual Zoom clinic for food cravers. She trains health professionals internationally and directs certification programs at The Neuro-Nutrient Therapy Institute (NNTI). Her work has been featured in publications from Vogue to The Journal of Molecular Psychiatry as well as online and on radio and television. See JuliaRoss’Cures.com.
Laurie Hammer is an experienced NTP in private practice, a certified NeuroNutrient Therapy Specialist, and the Lead Training Instructor for NNTI. She has been associated with Julia since she traveled 2,000 miles to Julia’s clinic, at age 19, to get help for her own bulimia. Her personal recovery, her training at NNTI, her successful private practice, and her passion for teaching make her an ideal instructor for those seeking to integrate amino acid therapy into their nutritional therapy practices.
Julia Ross has presented at multiple events, below are since 2010:
- 2018 Commonwealth Club – “The Craving Cure: Winning the Battle Between Health and Bliss,” media appearance August 30th
- 2018 Hawthorne University – “The Craving Cure: Identify and Activate Your Natural Appetite Control,” webinar January 2nd
- 2013 Two-day Core Training in Amino Acid Therapy, San Francisco Bay Area, CA (From 2015 to 2017 took a speaking break to write The Craving Cure
- 2012 Presented to over 1,000 attendees for The Institute for Integrative Nutrition in Long Beach, CA
- 2012 Commonwealth Club – Sugar Addiction: Recovery from the Greatest Dietary Crisis of All Time, San Francisco
- National Association of Nutritional Professionals — A New Diet Cure for the Age of Obesity, Diabetes, and Eating Disorders, San Francisco, CA.
- 2011 Diabetes conference for Native American tribes hosted by the Kansas Potawatomi
- 2010 Conference presentation at Holistic Treatment Foundations’ Conference– Changing the Way We Look at Recovery, Las Vegas, NV.