Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc.®
REAL EDUCATION for people who believe in REAL FOOD™
The Nutritional Therapy Association (NTA) is dedicated to helping overcome the myriad health woes plaguing modern society. We believe that most health problems result from imbalances in what we call “The Foundations”:
- Blood Sugar Regulation
- Fatty Acids
Though some people may be predisposed to certain diseases, it is critical to understand that “predisposed” does not mean “guaranteed”. As Chris Kresser stated at the NTA’s 8th Annual Conference: “Genes load the gun. Lifestyle pulls the trigger.” No, your genes are not your fate. What you eat and how you live directly affects which genes are expressed and in what way. Epigenetics trumps genetics. This is good news! You have the power to improve your health by eating a nutrient-dense, properly prepared diet and balancing the five foundations. When these foundations get out of balance through a poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle, we start to experience a host of unwanted symptoms: weight gain, skin issues, fatigue, hormonal imbalances, and worse. By supporting each of these foundations through diet and lifestyle, the body’s chemistry can be brought back into balance, helping people enhance their health naturally. The body’s default mode is health if—and this is a big if—it gets the basic building blocks it needs to function properly and build healthy cells, tissues, organs, and systems.
What We Do
The Nutritional Therapy Association:
- Offers Nutritional Therapy certification programs, including the Nutritional Therapy Practitioner™ (NTP) program, Nutritional Therapy Consultant™ (NTC) program, and Functional Assessment Development™ (FAD) program.
- Holds an annual conference to showcase the best ideas and bring together the brightest minds in the holistic health world.
- Presents seminars on Nutritional Therapy to health care practitioners around the world.
- Develops educational publications for health care practitioners and health conscious individuals.
- Provides books, videos, and software about Nutritional Therapy.
- Produces quarterly newsletters with nutrition articles, business and practice management tips, interviews, book reviews, continuing education opportunities, recipes, and more.